The Picton BIA is excited to announce that we will be launching a mobile-exclusive free check-in challenge to appeal to locals and visitors, and showcase Prince Edward County's independent retail shops and restaurants.
The Keep it in the County pass will be launched for the holiday season, but will be an evergreen, year-round pass encouraging customers to support local businesses. This pass will be delivered via text and e-mail and will function similarly to a coupon book with passholders checking in to locations via geolocation as they visit.
This pass will focus on independently owned retail shops and restaurants located in Prince Edward County.
The top 3 things you need to know to be involved:
1. As a featured partner of ours, there is no cost to you to participate
2. Passes are delivered to customers via text and e-mail with nothing to download
3. All a customer will have to do is check-in via geolocation technology. Every five check-ins automatically enters the customer into a draw for 1 of 5 $100 gift certificates at the County business of their choice PLUS a chance to win a $500 County shopping spree!
Additionally, it is an option to offer a coupon or discount as an incentive to visit your business and check-in at your location.
How it Works
We have partnered with the technology company Bandwango to launch this free check-in challenge. Their team has successfully launched similar passes with destinations in the US and Canada. You can sign up yourself to see how the technology works using the examples below:
● Lake Lanier Harvest of Values
● Walk with Lincoln and Civil War Legacy Tour
● Short North Arts District Arts Trail
For independently owned retail and restaurants:
Please use the Google Sheet HERE to fill out your information (please fill in all fields). Upload a high-quality horizontal image HERE. This information will be used to build out the mobile pass. Please be sure to include all necessary information, including a coupon/discount should you want to provide one.
We aim to launch this campaign by November 20th so we are asking that you fill in your information by November 6th. Please consider being a part of this check-in challenge. Your support will allow this pass to be even more special for visitors and locals alike!
For all other businesses:
We are working to link the original supportlocalpec.ca database to the updated website. Please update your listing HERE.